Corporate Investigation Services (CIS) is actively recruiting Private Investigators (P.I.) licensed to work in the Province of Ontario.
CIS Surveillance and Insurance Investigators
If you are a self-directed individual with prior surveillance experience and a reliable nondescript vehicle this position may be of interest to you. Location and hours of work vary day to day so flexibility and willingness to travel for indeterminate periods of time are key to success in this field.
CIS surveillance and insurance investigators are highly skilled individuals with the ability to maintain stationary surveillance for extended periods of time; and, are equally comfortable driving in traffic on unfamiliar roadways while engaged in mobile surveillance.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain discrete surveillance (stationary, mobile, on foot) and gather and document all observable subject/claimant activity through video capture and field notes.
- Liaise with client to provide activity updates as often as requested.
- Liaise with CIS Supervisor on a daily basis to provide activity updates and receive information updates if available.
- Prepare highly detailed and grammatically correct written reports which contain embedded pictorials.
- Submit completed reports, video evidence, and time sheets to CIS Supervisor within 24 hours of file completion.
- Maintain continuity of evidence at all times.
- Attendance at Courts of law, arbitration hearings and or other quasi-judicial venues as required.
- Adhere to applicable laws and regulations at all times.
Skills and Abilities
The skills and abilities required include:
- Self management and the ability to work independently
- File management
- Time management
- Excellent observational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Research skills
- Ability to use video equipment
- Excellent driving skills in all weather
- Self-confidence to present information in court or other quasi-judicial venues as required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and other basic computer skills
- Working knowledge of the pertinent laws
- Honesty and integrity
- Patience and perseverance
- The ability to sit for extended periods of time
Private Investigator license issued in the Province of Ontario
Driver’s license and clear driving abstract
3 years prior experience in surveillance or insurance investigations
Daily access to a roadworthy vehicle
Flexibility to work on short notice, with indeterminate hours and in varying locations
Interested applicants can forward their resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your PI license number in your cover letter.