Plant Closure Planning
THE CONSEQUENCES OF PLANT CLOSURES AND DOWNSIZING
In all too recent memory, the refrain, “the plant will be closing” has resounded across the Canadian landscape. There is little that can be done to insulate affected employees and their communities from the harsh economic reality that unfolds as a result of a plant closure or significant downsizing. The consequences can be devastating and the emotional toll on employees, significant. Incidences of sabotage, increases in WSIB claims, harassment of management and executive personnel and plant occupations have all resulted following plant closure and downsizing lay-off announcements.
PLANT CLOSURE PLANNING AND SECURITY RESPONSE
Corporate Investigation Services supports your efforts to facilitate a safe environment before, during and after the announcement. The expertise and capabilities available through CIS to protect your employees and your assets include:
- Rapid deployment of security personnel to monitor activities, assist in defusing escalating behaviours, and act as a deterrent to vandalism and sabotage.
- CCTV installation
- Management training on expectations, security protocols, plant occupations, and other topics pertinent to your particular situation.
- Surveillance investigations to verify the legitimacy of WSIB claims.
- Surveillance of high-risk individuals.
- Executive protection personnel
CIS PLANT CLOSURE AND DOWNSIZING EXPERTISE
Our plant closure and downsizing expertise is available to you discretely, when and how you need it. CIS can capably provide your plant closure planning team with the expertise required to develop an operationally sound security plan or we can partner with you in fulfilling the requirements dictated by your existing plan.